Monday 11 June 2012

Book Review: Stefan's Diaries- L.J Smith, Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson (#5)


Origins

Title: Origins
Author: L.J Smith, Julie Plec & Kevin Williamson
Series: Stefan's Diaries #1
Pages: 237
Publisher: HarperTeen
Goodreads: 3.92
The Blurb:
In the first novel of this thrilling new series fans of the hit television show THE VAMPIRE DIARIES will finally find out how a passionate romance with a dangerous girl turned loving brothers into deadly enemies.

Set during the Civil War, against a backdrop of grand estates, unimaginable riches, and deadly secrets, three teenagers in Mystic Falls, Virginia enter a torrid love triangle that will span eternity.

Brothers Stefan and Damon Salvatore are inseparable until they meet Katherine, a stunning, mysterious woman who turns their world upside down. Siblings turned rivals, the Salvatores compete for Katherine’s affection, only to discover that her sumptuous silk dresses and glittering gems hide a terrible secret: Katherine is a vampire. And she is intent on turning them into vampires so they can live together—forever.


Review:
This book was good, it really is. The problem is that I already know how it ends! I have watched the show, and everything was already shown in it too! I knew what Katherine was going ot do, how Stefan and Damon were going to react, how they would be turned... Everything! But it was nice.

Stefan was my lovely, sweet Stefan he always is (well, except in his evil-Stefan fase). He did what he believed was right and he tried to be good to everyone. It was so sad when he was going to marry Rosalyn because his father told him to, although he 'loved' Katherine (did he, or was it just compulsion?).

Damon didn't appear much. I would have prefered it if he had more scenes with Katherine (I know, I know, Stefan's Diaries, not Damon's, but he was in love with her for 146 years, he deserves more time with her in the book!). He was my Damon alright, such a rebel and desperately in love! I need more of him, I do!

Katherine was plain charming. Had I not known who she is or what she was planning, I would have fallen for her too! She nicknamed Stefan, played games.. she was lovely. It's sad to think that she still loved him 146 years later! Which leads me to... WHERE IS KATHERINE?!?! She has disappeared from the show? I expect her to come back worse than ever!!

The writing style was nice. A bit out of date, but it was Mystic Falls 1864, can't blame them!

COVER: It's a half face. as usual, but it's not any half face. IT'S PAUL'S WESLEY'S HALF FACE! That's one handsome half face, isn't it? Although I prefer Ian Somerhalder's sexy half face!

Rating:
Plot: 3.5
Characters: 4
Writing: 3.5
Cover: 4
TOTAL: 3.5

Things I have Learnt With This Book:
- If you feel something strange when you tell a mysterious person or vamp that you love them, be careful, he might be using compulsion.
-If you're a vampire, you might want to check that a person isn't on verbain before drinking their blood. The effects can be most... unwanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment