Tuesday 5 June 2012

Teaser Tuesday - Paranormalcy, by Kiersten White

Teaser Tuesday is a meme in which I open a random book at a random page and give you some random paragraph (teaser) that catches your attention.
Today's book is Paranormalcy, by Kiersten White

Series: Paranormalcy #1
Pages: 335
Publisher: HarperTeen
Other Books By The Author: Supernaturally
The Blurb: Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie’s always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.

Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal

I shoved the flat of the blade against his chest and he let go of my hand, backing up a step. Iron is the best against faeries, but they aren’t fans of silver either. ``Enough,´´ I mouthed, pointing to my neck. Glaring, he flicked his hand and my throat tingled.
``Why are you fighting this?´´
``Because you’re a lunatic! I don’t want this! I don’t belong to you! I never will.´´
A half smile twisted his perfect face. ``You’re wrong.´´
Reasons why you need to read this book:
·        Because of the chapter titles. They are the most hilarious ever. (Eg: Faerly Stupid; Dumbbells, Boys and Other Dense Things; Hey, Stupid…)
·        Because Evie’s love for lockers isn’t normal.
·        Because Lend is just too sweet.
·        Because it’s light and so funny, it’s fantastic.
·        Because I want a taser called Tasey that is pink with rhinestones and with which I can capture vampires.
·        Because being nicknamed ‘stupid’ isn’t nearly as nice as it sounds.
·        You know, because I say so. It’s too good to miss it. Like your teacher would tell you, it’s for your own good.
So what are you waiting for? Go read it! And until then, comment and tell me what you think of it!

**************************************
I won't be able to post anything more today, because I've been the whole afternoon out with my friends and now it's time to go to bed! I've watched 'Snowhite and The Hunstman' at the cinema, I'll give you a review tomorrow!! Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. I want to read this book sooooooo bad!! Doesn't it seem like The Iron Fey Series?? I think so... I really like your blog, and I think you're amazing! Maybe could you post a book review of The Iron King? I think it's awesome, and I know you have read it already. Pretty please? Love ya, and your posts, keep on posting, sweetie!!

    Lots of love from your little genius-metro card finder! Xxoo <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I already reviewed the iron king!! It's at the beginning, it was my first review! You need to read Paranormalcy, I can lend it to you! You're amazing too, don't let people bring you down! Love ya

      Delete
  2. Thanks!!! You're da best, and you know it!! LOVE YAAA!! <3

    ReplyDelete